Economic development encompasses many regional issues that affect the island of Martha's Vineyard. Issues such as housing, transportation, infrastructure, and the environment – discussed on other pages of this website – all play a role in the island's ability to attract and sustain businesses, tourists, and the cultural continuity of our community. The Martha's Vineyard Commission's enabling legislation mandates the MVC to promote the "enhancement of sound local economies." The MVC acts in several capacities to serve the public toward that goal.
Economic Profile of Martha's Vineyard: provides an overview of the Vineyard’s economy.
Strengthening the Vineyard Economy: looks at some of the main challenges and how they could be addressed.
Public Services: outlines issues related to the delivery of municipal and other public services.
- Martha’s Vineyard Chamber of Commerce
- US Economic Development Administration
- US Census Bureau
- US Bureau of Economic Analysis
- US Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- USDA’s Rural Development Office
- Massachusetts Executive Office of Housing & Economic Development
- Massachusetts Executive Office of Labor & Workforce Development
- Massachusetts Department of Revenue
- South Eastern Economic Development Corporation
- Community Economic Development Assistance Corporation (CEDAC)